LFD Fede Ferraro - Arenita azul (traditional indian song)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rjoUEOO23E
(Translation to english down)
Canción india de compositor desconocido. Fue popularizada por Lila Downs. El texto de esta canción alude a la discriminación que enfrentó la comunidad afromestiza de la pequeña costa de Oaxaca, México. Cubana o jarocha? Ante la pregunta que la reduce a un grupo étnico, ella responde que ella se identifica mejor con un ser hermoso y libre: la mariposa.
-
"Arenita azul" is not my song, it belongs to an unknown mexican composer. The song was popularized by Lila Downs. I recorded a free version, not the original.
The text of this song alludes to the discriminación faced by the afromestiza community of the small coast of Oaxaca, Mexico. Faced to the question that reduces her to an ethnic group, she replies that she better identifies herself with a beautiful and free being: the butterfly.
Here a translation of the original lyrics (This lyrics don't belong to me, nor the translation):
"BLUE SAND
Blue sand
Where did you come from?
Last night the rain fell
And it released you.
Are you a Cuban woman?
No, I’m not a Cuban woman.
Are you a Jarocha woman?
No I’m not a Jarocha woman.
What would you like to be?
I’m only a butterfly.
Blue sand
Since you left
I haven’t seen any flowers
Nor do the birds sing
Or the river flow"
-
"Arenita azul" is not my song, it belongs to an unknown mexican composer. The song was popularized by Lila Downs. I recorded a free version, not the original.
The text of this song alludes to the discriminación faced by the afromestiza community of the small coast of Oaxaca, Mexico. Faced to the question that reduces her to an ethnic group, she replies that she better identifies herself with a beautiful and free being: the butterfly.
Here a translation of the original lyrics (This lyrics don't belong to me, nor the translation):
"BLUE SAND
Blue sand
Where did you come from?
Last night the rain fell
And it released you.
Are you a Cuban woman?
No, I’m not a Cuban woman.
Are you a Jarocha woman?
No I’m not a Jarocha woman.
What would you like to be?
I’m only a butterfly.
Blue sand
Since you left
I haven’t seen any flowers
Nor do the birds sing
Or the river flow"
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario